Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday

Great progress! He is sounding more and more like himself. They put him flat on a mat on the floor and he got up without ANY help. They thought he would need some assists. I think he was most thrilled about this, because he said it made him feel less helpless.
Swallow test with barium -- passed with flying colors so it is back to thin liquids. He was back on the thick on the weekend. The nurse who does the lectures with him said the thick liquids would gag a maggot. He thought that was a good description. (one tip -- he had barium by spoon and also on a cracker before the swallow test. He said he does not think that barium on crackers will ever make it as an h'ordoevre (sure that is nowhere near close to the spelling ) .
Another problem has been his posture and he has more strength, and that was better today -- more stamina in the p.m.
He appreciates all your good wishes and love.

1 comment:

  1. I'm back in town -- and got my dad back today, but he is at his own house. He is doing better!! (I'm still the driver - no more driving for him)
    I am happy to hear about Tim's progress. Especially his sense of humor - he is still hilarious. What a guy - to find humor even in these circumstances!
    And I'm impressed with both of you going through all this physical therapy - it is hard!! What can I do??? I'm kind of at a loss. Does he want visitors?
    You do have our love and prayers!
    Linda
    p.s. Coke will cure anything.

    ReplyDelete